Friday, April 25, 2008

A Tree is Growing Out of My Head

Ashley's son Buddy loves to talk. So they other night Ash told him he needed to be quiet for awhile..."But mom my brain cuts when I have to be quiet". We all thought wow and went on with the night.

When they got home she said, "Buddy what did you mean, your brain cuts"....

The following was what he said, word for word:

"Mom, it feels like a tree is growing through my brain and out of my head. The second you tell me to stop talking it starts cutting and all of a sudden the tree splits and it it cuts, up out of my brain."

So we proceed to dig deeper, as if we aren't already deep...he is only 5. Well, Buddy does your brain cut when your playing your Nintendo DS.

Pops his head up from playing the DS, "Oh no as long as I'm concentrating on the screen my brain doesn't hurt. The second I take my eyes off it, it starts hurting again."

Most adults can't put into words how their brains feels, much less a 5 year old.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

what a cute story. Seriously, the things kids say just crack me up.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsey, It's so great to hear from you!!! You look great and your son is adorable. I wish I could see you guys when you are out in California, but maybe next time. My husband and I thinking about moving back now with a baby on the way. Talk to you soon!!